Friday, September 19, 2008

parker's burning bush

I can still remember the first time I received a prophetic word spoken over my life. I had been saved a little over a year and was attending a 100th year church anniversary at a country church in Mississippi not too much of a drive from where I was going to college at the time. The meetings had been going on for a succession of nights and the Holy Spirit was moving powerfully. I had pretty much just been sitting on the back row being blessed by watching this one hundred year old church community being blessed by God. On the last night toward the end of the evening the preacher was winding down and people were simply waiting in the presence of God, and the preacher was led to tell the crowd, “I feel like there is someone here who is saying there has to be more than this.” Everyone started looking at each other in wonderment as God had been moving strongly night after night. The preacher pressed further, “If that is you come down to the front.” No one moved. It seemed incomprehensible to this congregation that someone was thinking this, but that was precisely what had been going through my head like a cd on repeat. I stood up from my seat on the back pew and made my way down to the front. Upon my arrival to the altar the preacher, forcibly, laid his hands on me and delivered a powerful word into my life that has never left me and still lives in me today. That word formed the foundational cornerstone of my vision. Everything that God has shown me since makes this its context.

About a year later I found myself back in Seattle, an intern at The City Church. It was the start of interns and we were attending the Prosperity with a Purpose conference. The afternoon session had just broken for lunch and God began to move on me. I sat in the pew (we hadn’t remodeled to chairs yet) with my eyes closed and I began to see three ropes shooting in the air up towards each other. They met tied themselves together in a knot and then continued upwards in three different directions. I felt the Holy Spirit directly prophesy into my spirit that the ropes were Media, Ministry, and Business and that God would bring these three things together in my life and shoot them out to the world.

Right around my 26th birthday I went for a drive to get a word from the Lord as a birthday gift, as I like to do often around my birthday. That day the Lord spoke to me saying that I would have “my father’s anointing for business and benevolence on my multiplied” and that He “would use our (Jen and my) parents as a platform from which he would build us up from.”

The vision of my heart is to be a builder of men and women. I believe that God will use business in my life to build men and women’s lives, God will use ministry to build men and women’s lives, and God will use media to build men and women’s lives.


Here are some scriptures that go with my burning bush experience

10for he was looking for the city which has foundations, whose architect and builder is God. Hebrews 11:10 NAS

23"Then I will set over them one shepherd, My servant David, and he will feed them; he will feed them himself and be their shepherd. 24"And I, the LORD, will be their God, and My servant David will be prince among them; I the LORD have spoken. 25"I will make a covenant of peace with them and eliminate harmful beasts from the land so that they may live securely in the wilderness and sleep in the woods. 26"I will make them and the places around My hill a blessing And I will cause showers to come down in their season; they will be showers of blessing. 27"Also the tree of the field will yield its fruit and the earth will yield its increase, and they will be secure on their land Then they will know that I am the LORD, when I have broken the bars of their yoke and have delivered them from the hand of those who enslaved them. 28"They will no longer be a prey to the nations, and the beasts of the earth will not devour them; but they will live securely, and no one will make them afraid. 29"I will establish for them a renowned planting place, and they will not again be victims of famine in the land, and they will not endure the insults of the nations anymore. 30"Then they will know that I, the LORD their God, am with them, and that they, the house of Israel, are My people," declares the Lord GOD. 31"As for you, My sheep, the sheep of My pasture, you are men, and I am your God," declares the Lord GOD. Ezekiel 34:23-31

No comments: