Wednesday, April 22, 2009

One of my leaders

Karen Kingsbury is a leader in Christian fiction and I respect her as a writer and adore her as a reader. Though I don't write fiction, it's her heart that I most relate to. She has a heart to help relationships mend through her writing and she has a heart for foster children and adoption. Those are at the core of what I feel God's vision is for me. I really want God to speak through me and my writing to heal hurting people. I would love for God to speak to me the way Karen says He speaks to her. She says that God downloads the stories to her while she's sleeping and when she wakes up, she just has to put the story on paper. She can write a novel in two weeks. She says she cries at the end of all her stories because it's like saying good bye to a friend, which is why she usually writes in series'. I cry at the end of all her books too, so I guess we have that in common as well. If you've never read any of her books. I strongly recommend her.

No comments: