Thursday, January 29, 2009

Burning Bush

I just graduated from college and had no idea what to do, where to go. I packed my apartment and went to Hawaii. When I “tried” to get advice from my family, the answer was “just get a job.”

I was sitting in my Aunt’s house back in the summer of 2003. I was helping her with her company- who knew she was helping me with mine. Whoa!

I was raised in a Catholic environment, went to religious schools, grade school, high school, and college. I had no idea what I wanted to do after college. I got a degree, now what. The internet world grew so fast, it exploded. That was my degree- internet businesses and information systems. I have been looking for a job for the past six years- a job that I would jump out of bed every morning excited to work and be a blessing to others. Every job I worked, I always felt that I am not using my whole self or lately I have been getting bored a week into the assignment. Argh!

Long story short, a month ago, I reconnected with my aunt and a prophetic word was reaffirmed. I am to start a business. The “business” is still being birthed and blue printed- privy information.

My desire is to help people. My heart wants me to be a blessing.

Scriptures!

Habbakuk 2: 2-3 The Message

2-3And then God answered: "Write this.
Write what you see.
Write it out in big block letters
so that it can be read on the run.
This vision-message is a witness
pointing to what's coming.
It aches for the coming—it can hardly wait!
And it doesn't lie.
If it seems slow in coming, wait.
It's on its way. It will come right on time.

Matthew 25:14-30 – The Message

19-21"After a long absence, the master of those three servants came back and settled up with them. The one given five thousand dollars showed him how he had doubled his investment. His master commended him: 'Good work! You did your job well. From now on be my partner.'


What is in my hand?

I am diligently planning out my business, meditating on what is written. I am pursuing an Accounting certificate in the summer- the application opens on February 2nd, I plan to have my paperwork submitted on the 2nd. This certificate will allow me to sit for my CPA exam. I am working on networking meetings in the business world.

I am not committed in an area of service at church. I am praying on a new area.

No comments: