Thursday, January 29, 2009

A little History

I realize I am in search of my “next” Burning bush experience. I was flipping though my pasts experiences and see that everything about my calling has been a process, shaping it a layer at a time.

I first pondered the idea of design and something in the creative due to my Mom’s encouragement. She probably saw though the rough and pulled on those little strings. I would be called to the room when ice skating was on the TV, or pulled aside to talk to someone she met that had an interesting creative career. When in Collage I took a required career development class. Through that I deducted that I either wanted to be Fashion Designer or a Pilot. Consequently I was frustrated; I think I was hoping of a tighter range of interested.

After seeing that I was at a standstill, not really knowing where God had called me, I went with what I really knew. That was that I wanted to do God’s will and so I followed my peace and came to Seattle to do the City Church Interns. During my first two years in Seattle I felt, what I would consider, the first sketch of my calling. One by one the mosaic pieces of my “dream” have started to fill in. First I felt called to change the fashion/art industry. I could see a society changed because truth was spoken in the head places of creative design. So, I have been going down that path of applying myself. I happily discovered that my technical skills, that I first saw so distant from my creative, are perfectly pair.

God has added other “loves” to my life. He started with the desire to have a hand in humanitarian aid, and most recently the thought of true freedom. I desire, more then anything, to see people free on a physical level and on a spirit level. Again, it seems that my two main passions are far apart. But I know they will meld beautifully because “normal” is not something I expect in my life anymore.

I don’t really have a scripture to place all of this on but I will look into it.

Right now I am in a fashion design career and am currently growing in that. I know that my favorite creative moments are when I am establishing an atmosphere, whether that is throwing a party or just planning an excursion. This is something I am just starting to develop……I am definitely looking for a burning bush moment here to bring it all together.

No comments: