Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Long time ago, comes a time so far away

I remember the wood grain to be bit of a light color. It was stained with a very heavy coat of lacquer. I am not quite sure if I remember it being beautiful then, maybe its just now years later I realize how beautiful it was. The wind had quite a cool breeze, but more refreshing then anything. It was autumn. The clouds were gray, almost ready to rain. In fact maybe it was even misting, but so light of a mist it made it kind of delightful. We were rocking back and forth; I heard something flapping in the wind. There were loud noises and people around. But I had a moment; a moment where everything stood still, and there it was, captured, I had achieved perfect flow of the mind. I was fully immersed in this moment. I had an energized focus. It was beautiful and never forgotten.

As I stand here I find my self so fascinated with that capture. I am always reminded of it. Anyway, I must keep packing; we have a long journey ahead. So many years have past, not one part of that image has faded. So we set sail. Ready for months ahead with nothing but the world to sea.

After three months it’s been amazing journey so far. We are just making our way around the north tip of France, heading into the English Channel. A night passes, and here we are the North Sea. We make our way up the cost of The Netherlands and enter the canal passage that brings us into Alkmaar. What a beautiful sight. The water was choppy; it had a strong current flowing out to the North Sea. Wind was very strong. I will say it was very calming though. I could see on the edge of the land people riding their bikes, It was like I was going back in time. The windmills were still turning full speed with the brisk air. Up ahead I see an open body of water. As we approach the wind died down a bit. I call down in the cabin, “hunny please take the wheel.”

I turn around and I quickly became highly focus I get this senseless case of déjà vu. Its very strong, I drop me to my knees. I immediately close my eyes to refocus. I notice, still on my knees, that I am grabbing the back of the boat. I look up out into the water. What an amazing moment, it was so surreal. “Wait, this is the moment”. I realized I was here, and the moment I realized I made it. Yes a moment I have never forgotten.

No comments: