Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Opening my eyes to His vision

The Lord just recently began to give me vision for my life. I hope that doesn't freak anybody out, i'm coming up on 2 years of walking with the Lord:-) He began to show me that all the life experiences i had gone through the first 30 years of my life, even though alot of them painful, would be turned around for good! David says in Psalms 90:15, "Give us gladness in proportion to our former misery! Replace the evil years with good." (NLT) I see this as a basis for ministry in the future. The lost need
christians that first, love them unconditionally and second, are relateable and real. That's where i feel God is going to; and already has, used me. I've also been shown that God wants to stir up the gift of creativity within his children. Having interests in many artistic areas and being an artist myself, i see much more creativity that can be used to impact people's lives in a godly way! God's creativity gets people's attention (saved or unsaved), and He's just waiting to share that with those who truly seek His face! It's impossible to describe all that's stirring inside of me! I see God's creativity flowing through, and spilling out of me like bleeding colors not only here but all over the world! What about music, film, architecture, photography, paintings, sculptures, dance, fashion, etc., that draws the darkest, depressed, bitter, hurting people in this world and reveals Jesus and His love to them!? God is not boring, and his ideas are cutting edge-defying the very logic of the most critical critic! My eyes have been opened to the people God has strategically placed in my life, and the directions He wants me to go carrying forth His vision for my life. I'm currently involved with a collective art group, having one of my paintings displayed in a show back in January. I had the privilege of doing a mural in a kids room at my old church in my home town. I was able to paint some tiles for people for the Rose Hill Cottages. As far as ministry opportunities have been presenting themselves. I, just like everyone else, have to overcome fears and keep my eyes on Jesus. That is where i feel secure in art, ministry, and life:-) So many verses speak to me daily, but a few that speaks of this vision is Exodus 35:10,21,29-35, "Come, all you who are gifted craftsmen. Construct everything that the Lord has commanded… All whose hearts were stared and whose spirits were moved came and brought their sacred offerings to the Lord…So the people of Israel-every man and woman who was eager to help in the work the Lord had given them through Moses-brought their gifts and have them freely to the Lord. Then Moses told the people of Israel, 'The Lord has specifically chosen Bezalel son of Uri, grandson of Hur, of the tribe of Judah. The Lord has filled Bezalel with the Spirit of God, giving him great wisdom, ability, and expertise in all kinds of crafts. He is a master craftsmen, expert in working with gold, silver, and bronze. He is skilled in engraving and mounting gemstones and in carving wood. He is a master at every craft. And the Lord has given both him and Oholiab son of Ahisamach, of the tribe of Dan, the ability to teach their skills to others. The Lord has given them special skills as engravers, designers, embroiderers in blue, purple, and scarlet thread on fine linen cloth, and weavers. THEY EXCEL AS CRAFTSMEN AND AS DESIGNERS." (NLT)

No comments: