Thursday, November 13, 2008

Burning Bush - JP

From the moment I became a disciple of Jesus Christ, worship was everything to me. My revelation in moving from a “follower” to a disciple happened at the Gorge Amphitheatre during Creation Festival while worship music was being played, and from then on worship seemed to be a hallmark in my relationship with God. I would often come home as a young bachelor (beyond broke), eat my top-ramen and just pace in the living room of my little apartment praying and worshiping God for hours. Then the day came when I decided to pick up the guitar. I sat down to learn how to play the song “Jesus Lover of My Soul”. It was an anthem to me at the time that fully depicted my new found life in Christ. I remember getting so frustrated that my fingers couldn’t communicate to the guitar the correct notes that needed to be played. I prayed in the spirit and begged the Holy Spirit to help me learn this one song. Once I calmed down, I was able to play the song. Beyond that, I was able to sing and play at the same time.

Fast forward a few years, and doors began to open up to assist with worship for church services, small groups, and minister in a few churches around the US. Then during a Sunday morning service at The City Church in Belltown in 2007, while Pastor Wendell was preaching, God told me that there was a Worship Revolution that would spring from the Northwest and flood the world with fresh anthems of praise and worship. This revolution would bring incredible unity to the Body of Christ, which in turn would bring about the blessings of Signs, Miracles, and Wonders. God specifically spoke to me that I was to be part of the “fore-runners” for this movement and that I would also assist in raising up the future generations in worship.

No comments: