Sunday, November 9, 2008

Burning Bush

I am not quite sure whether God has spoken directly to me with a vision or idea like he did with Moses and the burning bush, but I do know that many visions and ideas come across my mind. I struggle with them as some of these visions/ideas I believe are my own wishful thinking and personal desires. If an idea comes across my head and the magnitude to accomplish it seems too large then I quickly put it away in the back of my head. If it is something doable, I do it with constant worriness and stress. Call it my lack of faith, fear of failure or inability to use my talents, but I find myself confused at times with what I think God wants me to do versus my personal desires.

Pastor Wendell once said in a sermon that if we desire what God desires then all things will come to pass. I guess the trick of figuring out what God desires for me and understanding how to differentiate the visions/ideas he sends to me from the rest of the stuff in my head is a skill I have not yet mastered and would like to work on. I struggle with understanding the things we are supposed to do (having a good job, being successful, etc.) and doing God’s will. I know there is something larger and more rewarding out there, and that we are made to do greater things. I believe there is a higher purpose for my life other than just going to work, making money and doing my best to live morally and as a good faithful Christian.

My hope is that in this eight weeks Bible group, I will find my calling and to be inspired and have the courage to do what God wants me to do. Sometimes it takes a leap of faith and creativity to be inspired to do God’s will. In the meantime I will start with my personal character. My vision is to be a better person and have a more meaningful faithful relationship with God. Some of these things are:

Be more loving to all people and slow to anger / speak.
Have an open mind, be open to ideas and listen
Have confidence, have courage, don’t be afraid, trust in God, and enlarge my faith.
Expect things to come and believe in it. Pray and listen to God’s calling.
Be positive, speak positively, be optimist with life.
Allow the Lord to lead me.

Scriptures:
Prov 16:9 – In his heart a man plans his house, but the Lord determines his steps.
Prov 20:24 – A man’s steps are directed by the Lord. How then can anyone understand his own way?




No comments: